OSTEOARTHRITIS, JOINTS, NECK, BACK PAIN
Orthopaedic Stem Cell Therapy
ABOUT ORTHOPAEDIC STEM CELL THERAPY
Orthopaedic stem cell therapy is used to repair damaged tissues using mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) to control inflammation, regenerate worn or damaged cartilage, repair damaged muscles, tendons & ligaments, and rejuvenate aging cell populations.
Currently, stem cell therapy is being used in the following orthopaedic conditions:
- Chronic tendonitis
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Tear (Partial)
- Meniscus Tear (Partial)
- Bone fractures
- Chronic back pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
OSTEOARTHRITIS STEM CELL THERAPY
RESULTS FOR KNEE OSTEOARTHRITIS STEM CELL THERAPY
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF ORTHOPAEDIC STEM CELL THERAPY
- This approach to orthopaedic therapy has been giving patients tangible therapeutic benefits and improvement in their quality of life.
- The procedure alleviates pain and offers a long-lasting relief from chronic orthopaedic diseases.
- The Mesenchymal stem cells also hold many other health benefits that are transmitted to the patient.
- It relieves pain without the need for surgical procedures.
- It is especially useful in sports medicine and enables one resume to their sporting activities at a faster rate than with surgery.
- Finally, patients are less prone to the risks of surgeries like blood clots and infections
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Before proceeding with stem cell therapy, it is wise to undergo an orthopaedic evaluation. It will assist in determining if you are a candidate for this type of stem cell therapy or not. You will need to obtain X-rays or a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan (image) of the affected area and send that to us for our medical team to assess.
You should stop all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen and naproxen one week prior to the procedure. Our medical team will give you a complete safe guidelines to follow before, during and after the therapy.
You may be asked to stop taking any medication or supplements that thin the blood like aspirin and fish oil. In case you are taking drugs to prevent blood clots, then make sure you have detailed instructions from the medical team (when to stop and when to resume).Post – Procedure Care
Following the orthopaedic stem cell therapy procedure, once the numbness sensation reduces you will experience mild pain as well as irritation for 24 to 48 hours. Normally, cold application for 10 to 20 minutes every two to three hours to the affected area, and a day to rest without exercise is all you need to ease the pain but this could vary depending on severity.
You should completely avoid anti-inflammatory medication for at least four weeks. The medical team may prescribe drugs to reduce pain. Inform them if you experience increased pain, fever, infection, and bleeding.
COST OF THERAPY AND INSURANCE POLICY
Even though stem cell therapy has been used for many years and studies have demonstrated its efficacy, its application in orthopaedic ailments is relatively new. As a result, this therapy is rarely included in insurance benefits by many insurance providers, so you may be liable for covering the therapy cost.
The cost of orthopaedic stem cell therapy may vary from patient to patient, depending on specific needs, conditions and other factors.
IMPORTANT FACTORS IN ORTHOPAEDIC STEM CELL THERAPY
- The procedure is as good as the medical practitioner performing it. It can be the best therapy in the planet, but if the physician does not understand the placement of needles and cells, it’s a waste of money and time. Our medical team has years of experience and our state-of the-art medical facilities shall strive to guarantee the best outcome possible.
- Most people are given over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication, physical therapy, hyaluronic injections, and experience weight loss when obesity plays an important role in the orthopaedic condition.